- Norman - Norman Mailer, of course
- Cliff - mailman from Cheers
- Newman - mailman from Seinfeld (particularly if your mail server is a bit of a pain in the ass)
- Pat - Postman with cat
- Hermes - messenger of the Greek Gods
- Mercury - messenger of the Roman Gods
- Echo - Greek nymph, cursed by Hera to always repeat another's voice.
- Huginn or Muninn - two ravens that travel the world bearing news and information they have collected back to the Norse god Odin.
- Mr. Beasley - mailman from the comic strip Blondie.
- Frisk - Could be used for AV or Spamfilter.
- Carrier pigeon; Messenger pigeon; Homing pigeon; Homer; Pigeon
- McFeely - Mister Roger's Postman
- Hedwig - Harry Potter's mail owl
- Pigwidgeon - Ron Weasley's mail owl
- Errol - The Weasley family's mail owl
- Franklin - 1st U.S. Postmaster General.
At one time Mindspring used the names of former Postmasters General. That however led to quite a few that no one knew how to spell.